Failure to Diagnose Colon Cancer in Pennsylvania
Colon cancer is usually curable when identified early on. Recently, studies have reviled that death from colon cancer has dramatically declined due to early detection by way of colonoscopy.
Colon Cancer Errors
A variety of medical errors lead to untreated or undiagnosed colon cancer:
- Failure to order routine colonoscopy screening at recommended intervals
- Improperly interpreting the results of screenings and biopsies
- Failure to refer to appropriate specialists, such as a gastroenterologist
- Failure to follow up on reported symptoms, such as blood in the stool or other common signs of colon cancer
- Surgical errors when removing early-stage polyps
- Failure to identify family history of colon cancer
People whose colon cancer is more advanced because of errors such as these will experience more pain, greater recovery time, increased expense, more wage loss and a greater chance of premature death.
Contact Our Pittsburgh Law Firm
If you or a loved one has had colon cancer misdiagnosed or undiagnosed, call our Pittsburgh colon cancer misdiagnosis lawyers at 855-90-4INJURY to schedule your free initial consultation. Or send us an e-mail to learn about our experience with misdiagnosed cancer cases.